Music Essentials: Listening and Learning Book 1 is a series of multi-level tests that incorporate music reading, writing and aural skills. Activities are suitable for AMEB grade 1 level students. The focus of the book's quizzes is on listening and responding to what is heard.
A number of the units use graphic notation that require no music reading skills; these are ideal for beginner music students. For mixed ability classes, suggestions have been made in the teaching notes sections on how to use the same quizzes with both beginner and advanced students.
Activities in this book will allow students to identify and notate rhythms, melodies, dynamics, repeats, basic harmony and metre.
• Rhythm: crotchets and quaver pairs
• Melody: up down or the same
• Melody: how far up or down
• Rhythm: crotchet rest
• Melody: shape
• Melody: notes in a sequence
• Dynamics and meter
• Rhythm: time signatures and meter
• Melody: steps and repeats
• Rhythm: minims and semibreves
• Melody: skips
• Rhythm: notating rhythms
• Melody: steps, skips and repeats
• Repeats and tempo
This checklist highlights the major uses and benefits of the books:
Supplementary classroom lessons
Reinforcement of learning
Extension work for advanced students
Preparation for assessment
Creative teaching ideas
Developing greater student interest and understanding
A fresh approach to a topic
Away to target student weaknesses
Suitable for individual or group work
A variety of activities for home study
|View ACARA disclaimer|
Terms and Conditions:- Please choose carefully as this product cannot be refunded once PDF has been downloaded.
- This downloadable PDF does not contain the CD Rom from the hard copy version
- Credit card orders only; this product cannot be purchased on 30 Day Preview or School Invoice.
View the CAL+ Terms and Conditions for use of downloadable PDFs by Blake Education