More than Monologues Book 2 contains a series of guidelines to help writers find an idea, develop it and then write a completed monologue or duologue. Each book contains 4 original monologues, 1 duologue plus accompanying teacher's notes, student activities and production notes for each play. The plays vary in genre and style and include: black comedy, psychological thriller, drama and satire.
Most of the plays in these books have been presented as Year 12 performances or have been exposed to public audiences at the Adelaide Fringe Festival.
Please be aware that the plays contain themes and language that may be confronting and will not be suitable for all schools and teachers.
More than Monologues Book 2 is divided into the following sections:
Section 1: Writing and Monologue
- Getting started
- Basic writing guidelines
- Character, setting, conflict and resolution
- Finding an idea for your story
- Sentence beginnings
- Autobiographical topics
- Children’s stories from another perspective
- Change of point of view
- Stories told by eyewitnesses
- Occupational stories inspired by interviews
Section 2: Monologues and Duologues
- On the Air
- Give me Love
- Riding the Thermals
- The Four of Us
This checklist highlights the major uses and benefits of the books:
- Supplementary classroom lessons
- Homework activities
- Reinforcement of learning
- Extension work for advanced students
- Preparation for assessment
- Exam revision
- Creative teaching ideas
- Developing greater student interest and understanding
- A fresh approach to a topic or lesson
- A way of targeting student weaknesses
- Suitable for individual or group work
- A variety of activities for home study
|View ACARA disclaimer|
Terms and Conditions:- Please choose carefully as this product cannot be refunded once PDF has been downloaded.
- This downloadable PDF does not contain the CD Rom from the hard copy version
- Credit card orders only; this product cannot be purchased on 30 Day Preview or School Invoice.
View the CAL+ Terms and Conditions for use of downloadable PDFs by Blake Education