Featured Text Types:
- Review of Written Text
- Personal Response to Poetry
- Letter to the Editor
- Protest Banner
Each Text Card provides an engaging, levelled and illustrated text sample that is supported by: three activity cards, five photocopiable worksheets and a Graphic Organiser. The lessons on the Activity Cards are divided as follows:
• Language Features
– this card shows a shorter extract of the text and enables the students to examine the role and purpose of grammar at the word, sentence and whole text level.
• Activity Card
– focuses on how the text meets the needs of purpose and audience, and the structural components of the text such as its layout and organisation, vocabulary, grammar and punctuation.
• Writing Card
– provides a number of different tasks for students to work on as an individual or with a partner. This may involve them writing a section of text or a whole text.
All of the coloured pages in the books are designed to be removed and laminated to provide a durable classroom resource that can be used for many years.
View ACARA disclaimer
Terms and Conditions:
- Please choose carefully as this product cannot be refunded once PDF has been downloaded.
- This downloadable PDF does not contain the CD Rom from the hard copy version
- Credit card orders only; this product cannot be purchased on 30 Day Preview or School Invoice.
View the CAL+ Terms and Conditions
for use of downloadable PDFs by Blake Education