The Ready-to-Go Writing Narrative Text series provides teachers with a systematic framework to assist students to write interesting and imaginative stories. This book contains a wide range of activities and ideas for a meaningful writing program.
There are activities in the areas of grammar, dialogue (and its punctuation), vocabulary and story construction. These activities will unlock the secrets of successful narrative writing and enable students to become polished writers.
Ready-to-Go Writing Narrative Text can be used to complement any classroom work across the curriculum. The activities can be used in isolation, in sequence, or dipped into as teachers require.
Each book is divided into the following sections:
- Teacher’s File – ideas for classroom organisation, background notes, technology tips, assessment ideas, and suggestions for parental involvement
- Quick Starts – fun and stimulating activities, games and ideas requiring little or no preparation time
- Take Your Own Time – over 25 photocopiable worksheets which can be used in any sequence, or adapted to suit individual students or classes
- Step by Step – student task cards for group and individual activities
About this series:
People all over the world are storytellers. Everyday, everywhere, there are people telling their stories, relating personal histories, recalling events, making observations, commenting, criticising and reflecting on life. These are wonderful, tragic, forgettable, memorable but always transient and temporary.
Some storytellers choose to write their stories down. These stories have a sense of permanence and can reverberate to audiences for years to come. They are read and re-read, are savoured and remembered, shelved and treasured, ready for a new generation to discover their magic. Underneath such stories is a storyline that demands attention, captivates readers, lifts and carries them on an emotional journey to a satisfying conclusion.
The activities in this book are designed to develop your students' story writing skills and to encourage them to share their stories with others.
View ACARA disclaimer
Terms and Conditions:- Please choose carefully as this product cannot be refunded once PDF has been downloaded.
- This downloadable PDF does not contain the CD Rom from the hard copy version
- Credit card orders only; this product cannot be purchased on 30 Day Preview or School Invoice.
View the CAL+ Terms and Conditions for use of downloadable PDFs by Blake Education