Sparklers are chapter books with great stories and wonderful illustrations. As a series they bridge the gap between reading schemes and traditional chapter books. The eight books in each set are carefully levelled so that students can progress without encountering any sudden increase in difficulty. Each set of Sparklers will help your students practise and improve their reading skills so that they will want to read more.
- Character page - introduces the main characters in the story.
- Illustrated content page - a feature that can be used with students as a pre-reading entrance into the text.
- Author/Illustrator page - both author and illustrator answered the same list of questions student's ask.
- Illustrated Glossary - difficult words are defined and illustrated in a two page glossary.
- Map page - a map of the place where the story takes place.
- Benchmark book - to provide opportunities to assess reading progress, comprehension and understanding, vocabulary development, personal response and recognizing features of a text type.
Benchmarked Title: Kalo Li's New Country