Students get out of their seats to learn on their feet!
A sourcebook for kinesthetic learning across the curriculum.
- active learning across the curriculum
- use kinesthetics as an integral teaching tool
Learning on Their Feet gives you the tools to create dynamic lessons for the whole class based on Howard Gardnerís Multiple Intelligences theory of kinesthetic learning. Each book is packed with ideas and activities for body-based learning. As user-friendly as it is all encompassing, these sourcebooks give primary teachers loads of practical lessons to lead their students out of their seats and into their smart bodies of knowledge.
A sample of some of the lesson ideas are:
- Finding your own comfort zone as a kinesthetic teacher
- Teaching the basic skills, like Maths facts, the fun way
- Dynamic activities that level the playing field for all students
- Writing and performing funny plays that use student research
- Conceptualising place value through drama
- Exploring the rainforest ecosystem through living statues
- Chant Dancing your way through the life cycle of a butterfly
- Dramatising photosynthesis, digestion and the circulatory system
- Holding tall-tale exaggeration contests
- Improvising your way into persuasive writing