About the series:
The Strategic Maths series provides teachers with a rigorous developmental approach to teaching Number, and provides explicit teaching of Number Strategies. The books have been designed to allow teachers to tailor their teaching to the range of learners in the class. Students are assessed during and after each unit to ensure they have developed a deep understanding of the big ideas in number.
Each 16 page unit of Strategic Maths focuses on a key mathematical understanding of Number and contains:
- a Top 5 that lists and assesses the targeted outcomes of the unit
- 5 Photocopiable activity sheets with an accompanying page of teaching notes that outlines the activity’s rationale and provides preliminary teaching ideas
- a Photocopiable assessment activity sheet with a ‘Tick and Flick Rubric’ to assist teachers to diagnose their students’ level of understanding
- a ‘Letter to the family’ that can be sent home with the student outlining the concept being taught in class and suggesting ways these can be supported in the home environment
- Resource cards for photocopying and laminating