Senior Forensic Chemistry Book 2 extends on the concepts introduced in Book 1 - the use of chemical analysis to examine items and materials gathered from a crime scene, suspect or victim, with the aim of providing information to assist criminal investigations.
Some units are self contained, while others involve practical experiments and exercises.
Topics in Book 2 include:
- Experiment: paper chromatography
- Polar and non-polar molecules
- Thin layer chromatography (TLC)
- Exercise: identifying some common drugs using TLC
- Exercise: using column chromatography to solve a crime
- Mass spectroscopy (MS)
- Exercise: drug analysis
- Alcohols, carboxylic acids and esters
- Identifying organic compounds
- DNA profiling in forensics
- Electrophoresis in forensics
- Exercise: using DNA profiling to identify disasters victims
About this series:
This series have been developed for the teaching of forensic chemistry, and to provide a forensic context for teaching applications of basic analytical chemistry concepts.
View ACARA disclaimer
Terms and Conditions:- Please choose carefully as this product cannot be refunded once PDF has been downloaded.
- This downloadable PDF does not contain the CD Rom from the hard copy version
- Credit card orders only; this product cannot be purchased on 30 Day Preview or School Invoice.
View the CAL+ Terms and Conditions for use of downloadable PDFs by Blake Education