|Music Essentials: Listening and Learning 2 provides multi-level tests that incorporate music reading, writing and aural skills. Activities are suitable for AMEB grade 1 level students. The focus of the books quizzes is on listening and responding to what is heard.
A number of the units use graphic notation that require no music reading skills; these are ideal for beginner music students. For mixed ability classes, suggestions have been made in the teaching notes sections on how to use the same quizzes with both beginner and advanced students.
Rhythm: beat numbers
Melody: interval revision repeats, steps and skips
Tonality: major and minor
Rhythm: dotted notes
Metre: pickup bars
Metre: simple and compound metre
Melody: skip + one (4ths)
Rhythm: the drum kit
Repeats: first and second time endings
Melody: the octave
Harmony: seventh chords and chord progressions
Dynamics: crescendo, decrescendo, mp and mf
Melody: jump + one (6th)Versatile uses
- Supplementary classroom lessons
- Homework activities
- Reinforcement of learning
- Extension work for advanced students
- Preparation for assessment
- Exam revision
- Creative teaching ideas
- Developing greater student interest and understanding
- A fresh approach to a topic
- Away to target student weaknesses
- Suitable for individual or group work
- A variety of activities for home study
Terms and Conditions:
- Please choose carefully as this product cannot be refunded once PDF has been downloaded.
- This downloadable PDF does not contain the CD Rom from the hard copy version
- Credit card orders only; this product cannot be purchased on 30 Day Preview or School Invoice.
View the CAL+ Terms and Conditions
for use of downloadable PDFs by Blake Education