The workshop activities in English in Action Book 1 provides stimulating opportunities for students to creatively, expressively and meaningfully devise a host of engaging scenarios, and then role-play or perform them.
Most of the activities involve a drama component that will enhance students’ confidence in communicating and develop their group work skills, as well as increase students’ creativity, self-awareness and personal development. Journal entry and other written reflection activities that follow the lesson outlines will help consolidate the content of units and can be used for homework or assessment.
- Actionary - a fun, fast-paced mime activity.
- Commercial - analysing and creating advertisements.
- Lexical Sandwich - improvisations with a linguistic twist.
- Music as Stimulus - exploring the dramatic impact of music.
- Character Construction - studying and presenting different personalities.
- Disposition - using feelings to inject meaning and drama into dialogue.
- What a Weekend! - six characters and their wacky weekends.
- Snowball Situations - write a story and watch it grow.
- Scenario Creation - script events from a series of pictures.
- Monologues - exploring a character's perspective on an event.
- Building Stories - collaborative storytelling and performing.
- Script Starters - getting started with some script ideas.
- Scriptwriting Tips - tips for script, scenes, characters and more.
- Please choose carefully as this product cannot be refunded once PDF has been downloaded.- This downloadable PDF does not contain the CD Rom from the hard copy version- Credit card orders only; this product cannot be purchased on 30 Day Preview or School Invoice. View the CAL+ Terms and Conditions for use of downloadable PDFs by Blake Education
Terms and Conditions: