Successful Spelling provides an integrated method of teaching phonics, spelling and vocabulary.
Book 1 provides students with user-friendly activities to master and develop spelling skills for this vital year of education. It is during this year that students first experience the complexities of the way we form words using letters in a correct sequence. They develop strategies for using sounds and visual patterns to help them strengthen and reinforce their knowledge, building up a comprehensive supply of ready words for written work. The activities are sequential and there are 76 units — 18 per term — plus four Review and Test units. Answers to all activities are provided in a special lift-out section.
Each term is divided into the four areas of knowledge needed to develop a comprehensive mastery of spelling:
Phonological Knowledge — how words sound
Word Function Knowledge — how word function can change spelling
Meaning Knowledge — how context can change word form
Word History Knowledge — how words have been derived
Well known author Peter Clutterbuck has written many best-selling resources for primary schools, including Spelling Success. The Successful Spelling series incorporates all of the proven strategies he has developed over many years to produce a workbook series that is well planned, purposeful and guaranteed to deliver successful outcomes in spelling.
Additional tools included:
This book will improve literacy skills through effective instruction and evaluation based on the latest research into how spelling is best taught and learned successfully.
- Useful topic list for the whole year is given before the units
- Useful words list
- WINK: Words I Need to Know — space to record problematic words
- Some tips for learning to spell
- Assessment checklist for each term
- Glossary of terms
Terms and Conditions:
- Please choose carefully as this product cannot be refunded once PDF has been downloaded.
- This downloadable PDFs do not contain the CD Roms from the hard copy versions
- Credit card orders only; this product cannot be purchased on 30 Day Preview or School Invoice.