The Active Lifestyle Big Book explores how an active lifestyle, which includes a variety of physical activities, promotes happy, healthier people who learn more effectively, sleep better and feel better. It looks at:
- how much and what types of physical activity you need
- what happens to your body when you undertake physical activity
- what you need to get fit and stay fit
- team sports and why they are good for you
- encouraging physical activities to be part of your leisure time
- how to strive for good emotional health and overcome stress
- being safe when you take part in physical activities.
Health and Understanding is a literacy-based series and interactive whiteboard program that helps teachers with these health issues during the last three years of primary school. The series provides teachers and students with the opportunity to explore a range of health topics that are involved in, and required for, a healthy lifestyle.
Written by experienced children’s authors including Hazel Edwards, Goldie Alexander, Alan Horsfield and Wendy St Germain, Health and Understanding is endorsed by the Centre for Hormone Research, a joint department of the Royal Children’s Hospital and Murdoch Children's Research Institute.