The Achieve! series of science titles has been developed for teachers who require modified, curriculum-focused activities for secondary school students. It is aimed at students who, because of poor literacy skills, struggle to read and comprehend regular classroom materials.
Each book is divided into units that focus on a key topic and contain four to five photocopiable work sheets. The units could be taught as a lesson with students in groups of varying sizes. Alternatively, one or more activity sheets can be used as support material, or for individual homework, assessment or revision.
Many books in the series include a CD-ROM that contain all the pages that are featured in the book, as well as a file of illustrations that can be used for other work sheets. These files can be easily edited to suit the needs of your students.
- Mature-look page layout and illustrations
- Topics that will interest teenagers
- An emphasis on literacy skills
- Clear learning objectives
- Starter activities, background topic information and ideas for summarising a lesson.