While very suitable for the regular classroom, each of the Achieve! series of Maths titles has been written at a literacy level that makes the pages appropriate for secondary school students who, because of poor reading skills, may struggle to comprehend regular classroom materials.
This title is divided into six units, each of which focuses on a topic or set of skills to do with percentage, ratio and plane shapes. The activity sheets include worked examples and suggested methods, and provide lots of opportunities for students to practise and consolidate a particular skill before moving on to more complex tasks. Extensive teacher's notes and answers are provided to make preparation and marking quick and easy.
Achieve! Maths - Percentages, Ratio & Plane Shapes
- Fractions, decimals and percentages
- Calculating a percentage
- Percentage increase and decrease
- What is a ratio?
- Using equivalent ratios
- Dividing in a ratio
- Line symmetry
- Using drawing instruments
- Parallel and perpendicular lines
- Using a protractor
- Using compasses
- Constructing plane shapes
About this series:
Each book in the Achieve! series has been designed and written for secondary students who have low-level literacy skills and require modified classroom activities to fully participate in the curriculum. Students will experience success as they work alongside their classmates on the same subjects with material that is tailored for their literacy needs.
Mature-look page layout and illustrations
Topics that will interest teenagers
An emphasis on literacy skills
Clear learning objectives
Starter activities, background topic information and ideas for summarising a lesson
Terms and Conditions:
- Please choose carefully as this product cannot be refunded once PDF has been downloaded.
- This downloadable PDF does not contain the CD Rom from the hard copy version
- Credit card orders only; this product cannot be purchased on 30 Day Preview or School Invoice.
View the CAL+ Terms and Conditions for use of downloadable PDFs by Blake Education