Maths in War & Conflict engages your students in real world maths with this collection of photocopiable work sheets that apply mathematical knowledge and techniques to an exploration of war and conflict. An ideal cross-curricula resource, it also examines key concepts in science, geography and history.
Topics include major events of World War 1 and 2, conflict in Vietnam and Iraq, and the war on terror. Investigations into the technology and economics of war provide a context for improving the understanding of maths concepts and developing competence in maths skills. Each work sheet features an overview of the topic and activities that apply key maths and reasoning skills in the formulation of answers.
The series has been designed to motivate and interest students of mathematics in junior to middle years but are specifically suited to Years 9 – 10. Answers are provided to make marking quick and easy.
- Interpreting and using maps and plans
- Describing position
- Identifying, interpreting and analysing data
- Interpreting and drawing graphs
- Perimeter, area, volume and mass
- Using and converting units
- Percentage and proportion
- Speed, distance and time calculations
- Calculating costs
- Using the Cartesian plane
About this series:
Each book in the Instant Lessons series is a collection of fresh and versatile work sheet activities which may be photocopied for student use. They are unique in providing the highest learning outcomes with instant usability.
Use them to supplement your existing resources, to extend student capabilities for revision purposes, or for class work when the regular teacher is absent.
Supplementary classroom lessons
Reinforcement of learning
Extension work for advanced students
Preparation for assessment
Creative teaching ideas
Developing greater student interest and understanding
A fresh approach to a topic or lesson
A way of targeting student weaknesses
Suitable for individual or group work
Terms and Conditions:
- Please choose carefully as this product cannot be refunded once PDF has been downloaded.
- This downloadable PDF does not contain the CD Rom from the hard copy version
- Credit card orders only; this product cannot be purchased on 30 Day Preview or School Invoice.
View the CAL+ Terms and Conditions for use of downloadable PDFs by Blake Education