Maths in Events Management is a collection of photocopiable student work sheets which feature the application of mathematical knowledge and techniques to the planning, organising, managing and marketing of a range of events, from parties, dinners and weddings to art exhibitions and music festivals. Any information or theory required in a subject area is provided in the work sheet. Students are given an idea of the answer in some cases.
Event management is becoming an increasingly popular profession because it allows people to be involved in a range of projects, to meet celebrities and to attend exciting events. People are attracted by the range of skills that they will learn, such as marketing, communication, problem-solving, time and project management and, of course, dealing with people.
The series has been designed to motivate and interest students of mathematics in secondary schools, particularly at Year 9 or 10 level, and is suitable for students who require additional mathematics for TAFE courses in event management. In most cases, an electronic calculator or spreadsheet program would be useful.
- Planning parties costing food and drinks, space requirements, staff requirements
- Staging an art exhibition calculating revenue, costing catalogues, commission, sales
- Television quiz shows audience numbers, prizes, sponsorship
- Organising a walkathon sponsorship, consequences of bad weather
- A soccer competition planning and running functions, venue hire
- Managing a yachting event safety, planning, equipment
- Events for a cinema chain marketing, advertising
About this series:
Each book in the Instant Lessons series is a collection of fresh and versatile work sheet activities which may be photocopied for student use. They are unique in providing the highest learning outcomes with instant usability.
Use them to supplement your existing resources, to extend student capabilities for revision purposes, or for class work when the regular teacher is absent.
Supplementary classroom lessons
Reinforcement of learning
Extension work for advanced students
Preparation for assessment
Creative teaching ideas
Developing greater student interest and understanding
A fresh approach to a topic or lesson
A way of targeting student weaknesses
Suitable for individual or group work
A variety of activities for home study
View ACARA disclaimer
Terms and Conditions:- Please choose carefully as this product cannot be refunded once PDF has been downloaded.
- This downloadable PDF does not contain the CD Rom from the hard copy version
- Credit card orders only; this product cannot be purchased on 30 Day Preview or School Invoice.
View the CAL+ Terms and Conditions for use of downloadable PDFs by Blake Education