The activities in this collection of photocopiable work sheets are designed to provide stimulating opportunities for students of all ability levels to make creative responses to their reading. The tasks are applicable to most novels, enabling teachers to exercise flexibility in the classroom by allowing students to study self-selected reading materials.
The units may be completed in any order, provided that sufficient reading progress has been made through the novel by students attempting the work. The contents pages indicate which units are suitable for stages of reading. Teachers can also use the editable electronic versions of each unit to tailor the material to any novel they choose.
• Narrative structure
• Stereotypes and caricatures
• The prose fiction genre
• The anti-hero
• The pace of the plot
• The process of storytelling
• Instructional writing
• Identifying tone
• What authors leave out
• Complication and exposition
• Denouement and resolution
• Sub-plots and parallel plots
• The implied reader
• Climax and suspense
• Generating study notes
• Epitaphs and obituaries
• The emotional setting
About this series:
Each book in the Instant Lessons series is a collection of fresh and versatile work sheet activities which may be photocopied for student use. They are unique in providing the highest learning outcomes with instant usability.
Use them to supplement your existing resources, to extend student capabilities, for revision purposes, or for class work when a regular teacher is absent.
• Supplementary classroom lessons
• Homework activities
• Reinforcement of learning
• Extension work for advanced students
• Preparation for assessment
• Exam revision
• Creative teaching ideas
• Developing greater student interest and understanding
• A fresh approach to a topic
• Away to target student weaknesses
• Suitable for individual or group work
• A variety of activities for home study
View ACARA disclaimer
Terms and Conditions:
- Please choose carefully as this product cannot be refunded once PDF has been downloaded.
- This downloadable PDF does not contain the CD Rom from the hard copy version
- Credit card orders only; this product cannot be purchased on 30 Day Preview or School Invoice.
View the CAL+ Terms and Conditions for use of downloadable PDFs by Blake Education