Themes: family visit, gifts, fantasy, trains
Grandpa Thomas has come for a visit. He has brought Peter an unusual gift for his train set. As the nights go by, Peter realises there is something very special about this gift.
Sparklers are chapter books with great stories and wonderful illustrations. As a series they bridge the gap between reading schemes and traditional chapter books. The eight books in this set are carefully levelled so that students can progress without encountering any sudden increase in difficulty. This set of Sparklers will help your students practise and improve their reading skills so that they will want to read more!
- Character page - introduces the main characters in the story.
- Illustrated content page - a feature that can be used with students as a pre-reading entrance into the text.
- Author/Illustrator page - both author and illustrator answered the same list of questions student's ask.
- Illustrated Glossary - difficult words are defined and illustrated in a two page glossary.
- Map page - a map of the place where the story takes place.
New to Sparklers Red, Blue and Green Set 2
Each book contains discussion questions that stimulate students' interaction with the text and make better use of your teaching time