The Maximising Test Results Preparing for NAPLAN* series provides teachers and parents with the opportunity to help Year 8 students improve their literacy skills in readiness for the Year 9 national tests.
Year 8 Writing book students are guided step-by-step through a range of writing tasks in each of the three focus areas: narrative, informative and persuasive. Included are detailed explanations of the purpose, structure, language features and text types of these genres, annotated writing samples and practice writing tasks.
The attached CD-ROM includes: a PDF version of this complete title (ideal for use on the IWB), a bonus full test paper, and helpful tips for students when answering multiple choice questions.
- Helps students to familiarise themselves with the multiple-choice formats
- Thorough revision of key spelling, grammar, punctuation and writing skills
- For homework, revision, extension or to supplement a lesson
- For when a regular teacher is absent from the classroom
Teaching benefits and features:
- Great short-cut ideas and useful suggestions to help students answer questions
- A quick way to target student weaknesses
- Annotated pages include definitions and theory to reinforce key literacy skills
- Answers are provided to assist with time-efficient preparation and marking
lnstant Lessons Quality ready-to-use resources
Each book in the Instant Lessons series is a collection of fresh and versatile work sheet activities that may be photocopied for student use. They are unique in providing the highest learning outcomes with instant usability.
* This is not an officially endorsed publication of the NAPLAN program and is produced by Blake Education independently of Australian Governments.