Non-fiction Writing Scaffolds
The Non-fiction Writing Scaffolds series teaches students how to plan and write a variety of different text types as well as incorporating specific grammar, vocabulary and writing features.
The books in the series include:
- Teacherís notes on the format of each text type
- Illustrated photocopiable model texts together with an annotated teacherís version that highlights the grammar, punctuation and writing techniques used in each text type
- Guidance on how to develop specific grammar skills in studentís writing
- Photocopiable activity sheets to reinforce the grammar and punctuation
- Notes and tips for students on writing each text type
- Two differentiated writing scaffolds for each text type that enable students to choose the course of the text they are writing
- Vocabulary banks for each scaffold, to use and add to.
This versatile resource is ideal for shared, guided and individual writing. It provides a structured, but flexible system for planning texts, which can be applied to any writing lesson.