This series includes annotated activity pages that break down the key skills and knowledge assessed in a typical NAPLAN* literacy test. Students are guided through work sheet questions that include tips such as ‘things to know’ and ‘hints’, helping them to understand the test format and what each question is asking.
The books also feature a full-length test that can be photocopied and given to students to prepare them for the Year 3 NAPLAN* Language Conventions test. The activities are designed to help develop and refine skills in spelling, grammar and punctuation and the higher order abstract reasoning that has become a feature of the NAPLAN* papers. All answers are provided, along with expert advice and generous hints from the author. All answers are provided.
The pages for each topic and test are also included on the accompanying CD-ROM (as interactive PDFs.). These can be displayed and worked through in front of the class on an interactive whiteboard or screen or installed on classroom computers for individual student practice.
- Help students familiarise themselves with the multiple-choice test format
- Thorough revision of key writing skills and text genres
- As homework, revision, to supplement a lesson or for ongoing assessment
- For when a regular teaching is absent
Teaching Benefits and Features
- Activities and hints that point out the key writing skills and conventions to master
- Pages include quick, annotated tips for students about how to avoid making common errors in tests
- Great short-cut ideas and easy suggestions for students to ehlop them answer questions
- A quick way to target student weaknesses
* This is not an officially endorsed publication of the NAPLAN program and is produced by Blake Education independently of Australian Governments.