This book focuses on teaching and consolidating the skills required to complete the Language Conventions and Writing component of the annual national literacy test program called NAPLAN*.
The activities are designed to help develop and refine skills in reading comprehension, general literacy, text analysis, logic and problem solving, and the higher order abstract reasoning that has become a feature of the official test papers. All answers are provided, along with expert advice and generous hints from specialist English teachers.
The annotated practice questions contain the following helpful teaching features:
HINTS explain what the question is really asking students to do
TRICKS offer shortcuts to use in determining the correct answer
TRAPS highlight the red herrings among the answer options presented
THINGS TO KNOW outline key facts, definitions and techniques students need to learn before sitting tests
This book also includes one complete Test Paper. With eight original texts from a variety of genres and test questions for each one, this sample test paper will help prepare your students for the NAPLAN* tests. All answers are provided.
- Helps students to familiarise themselves with the multiple-choice formats
- Thorough revision of key spelling, grammar, punctuation and writing skills
- For homework, revision, extension or to supplement a lesson
- For when a regular teacher is absent from the classroom
Teaching benefits and features:
- Great short-cut ideas and useful suggestions to help students answer questions
- A quick way to target student weaknesses
- Annotated pages include definitions and theory to reinforce key literacy skills
- Answers are provided to assist with time-efficient preparation and marking
lnstant Lessons Quality ready-to-use resources
Each book in the Instant Lessons series is a collection of fresh and versatile work sheet activities that may be photocopied for student use. They are unique in providing the highest learning outcomes with instant usability.
* This is not an officially endorsed publication of the NAPLAN program and is produced by Blake Education independently of Australian Governments.