Maximising Test Results: NAPLAN*-style Numeracy Tests: Year 3 includes annotated activity pages that break down the key skills and knowledge assessed in a typical Year 3 NAPLAN* test. Students are guided through work sheet questions that include tips such as ‘things to know’ and ‘hints’, helping them to understand the test format and what each question is asking.
The books also feature two full-length tests that can be photocopied and given to students to prepare them for the yearly NAPLAN* tests. The activities are designed to help develop and refine skills required to achieve good results as well as familiarising them with the multiple choice test format. The tests can be used as homework, revision or to supplement ongoing assessment. All answers are provided.
The pages for each topic and test are also included on the accompanying CD-ROM (as interactive PDFs.). These can be displayed and worked through in front of the class on an interactive whiteboard or screen or installed on classroom computers for individual student practice.
- Help students familiarise themselves with the multiple-choice test format
- Thorough revision of key maths strategies and skills
- As homework, revision, to supplement a lesson or for ongoing assessment
- For when a regular teaching is absent
Teaching Benefits and Features
- Activities and hints that point out the key strategies needed to achieve success in maths
- Pages include quick, annotated tips for students about how to avoid making common errors in tests
- Great short-cut ideas and easy suggestions for students to help them answer questions
- A quick way to target student weaknesses
* This is not an officially endorsed publication of the NAPLAN program and is produced by Blake Education independently of Australian Governments.