Exploring Hospitality - Book 2 Health, Safety and Security in the Hospitality Industry
This series provides a range of comprehensive information and activities, which spans key VET performance criteria for certificated learning in hospitality.
Areas covered in Book 2 include a rundown of important health, safety and security procedures and protocols, such as emergency situations and wide-ranging workplace health and safety principles and considerations. Hygiene and preventing contamination are paramount in this industry, and many aspects of dealing with the potential health risks involved with storing and handling food and maintaining equipment and premises are also extensively covered.
Ideal for use in a classroom or other learning environment, this resource is also well suited for self-paced learning.
• Overview of workplace procedures for health, safety and security
• Dealing with emergencies
• Participating in workplace OHS practices
• Following hygiene procedures and identifying hazards
• Identifying and reporting personal health issues
• Controlling contamination
• Selecting and safely using cleaning equipment and materials
• Storage of cleaning equipment and chemicals
• Sustainable and environmentally responsible practices
Features of this series:
Introduction and glossary