Exploring Hospitality - Book 1 Working in the Hospitality Industry
This series provides a range of comprehensive information and activities, which spans key VET performance criteria for certificated learning in hospitality.
Areas covered in Book 1 include an overview of the hospitality industry, including its various sectors and key themes relating to their structure and operation, such as legal aspects, professional standards and ethics, and the role of technology. Important practical elements of working in the industry are also examined, including communication with colleagues and customers, and delivering professional service. Working in socially diverse environments, which is a key feature of the industry, is also explored in depth.
Ideal for use in a classroom or other learning environment, this resource is also well suited for self-paced learning.
• Structure and operation of the hospitality industry
• Legal and ethical considerations for hospitality workers
• Technology in the industry
• Communication and presentation
• Providing service to customers
• Dealing with conflict and complaints
• Communicating with customers and colleagues from diverse backgrounds
• Addressing cross-cultural misunderstandings
• Understanding other cultures and religions
Features of this series:
Introduction and glossary