This Teaching Guide will help you to get the most out of Sparklers Gold set. The comprehensive range of activities reinforces essential reading skills and strategies in a variety of interesting ways.
The resources include:
• An overview of each story
• Comprehensive guided reading discussion points
• Four carefully structured blackline masters for each story that integrate grammar, spelling and comprehension strategies
• Extra activities that link to other key learning areas
• Benchmark book - Trouble for Tom can be used for assessment or as part of a student's portfolio.
Opportunities to assess:
• Reading progress
• Comprehension and understanding
• Vocabulary development
• Personal response
• Recognising features of a text type
• Character page - introduces the main characters in the story.
• llustrated content page - a feature that can be used with students as a pre-reading entrance into the text.
• Author/Illustrator page - both author and illustrator answered the same list of questions students ask.
• llustrated Glossary - dificult words are defined and illustrated in a two-page glossary.
• Map page - a map of the place where the story takes place.
• Benchmark book - to provide opportunities to assess reading progress, comprehension and understanding, vocabulary development, personal response and recognizing features of a text type.
About the series:
Sparklers are chapter books with great stories and wonderful illustrations. As a series they bridge the gap between reading schemes and traditional chapter books. The eight books in each set are carefully levelled so that students can progress without encountering any sudden increase in difficulty. Each set of Sparklers will help your students practise and improve their reading skills so that they will want to read more.
Terms and Conditions:
- Please choose carefully as this product cannot be refunded once purchased.
- This downloadable PDF does not contain the CD Rom from the hard copy version
- Credit card orders only; this product cannot be purchased on 30 Day Preview or School Invoice.
View the CAL+ Terms and Conditions for use of downloadable PDFs by Blake Education