|Book 1 in the Living & Work Literacy series teaches practical living skills about handling money and being wise customer. Topics range from the specific - such as using different methods to pay for goods and services - to the more general, such as finance management strategies. Students will explore these concepts through a range of challenging short answers, class discussion, research and analysis tasks. They will also analyse case studies and scenarios that will assist them to develop decision-making skills in this crucial area of life skills education.
Topics contained in this book are suitable for secondary school subjects in years 7-10 that teach young people about the practical skills and knowledge that they need to participate fully in society.
Topics included in Book 1:
- What is money
- Australian currency
- Foreign currency
- Credit cards and debit cards
- Telephone and online payments
- Buying and selling online
- Buying wisely
- Protection for consumers
- Borrowing money
- Changing prices
- Investing money
- Buying a car
- Renting a place to live
- Buying and selling real estate
- Looking after the environment
- Planning an overseas holiday
- Joining a club
- Consumer crosswords
Terms and Conditions:
- Please choose carefully as this product cannot be refunded once PDF has been downloaded.
downloadable PDF does not contain the CD Rom from the hard copy version
- Credit card orders only; this product cannot be purchased on 30 Day Preview or School Invoice.
View the CAL+ Terms and Conditions
for use of downloadable PDFs by Blake Education