While also suitable for the regular classroom, each of the Achieve! Science titles has been written at a level that is appropriate for secondary school students who, because of poor literacy skills, may struggle with regular classroom materials.
Ecosystems covers a variety of topics, including how living things interact in ecosystems, food chains and food webs, habitats, animal and plant reproduction, adaptation, evolution by natural selection, and the effects of floods, drought and bushfires on Australian ecosystems.
This book is divided into six units, all of which contain photocopiable Activity sheets and conclude with a Revision sheet to test understanding of the unit content. Varied activities – including labelling diagrams, completing tables, multiple-choice questions, cloze activities and word games – allow students to build their scientific vocabulary and understanding of key concepts.
The CD-ROM contains all the pages that are featured in the book, as well as a file of selected illustrations that can be used for other work sheets. These pages can be easily edited to suit the needs of students.
Achieve! Science - Ecosystems topics include:
- Living things and ecosystems
- Food and ecosystems
- Plants in ecosystems
- Animals in ecosystems
- Plant and animal biodiversity
- Humans and ecosystems
View ACARA disclaimer
- Mature-look page layout and illustrations
- Topics that will interest teenagers
- An emphasis on literacy skills
- Revision sheet at the end of each unit
- Background boxes define key terms and give a pronunciation guide
Terms and Conditions:- Please choose carefully as this product cannot be refunded once PDF has been downloaded.
- This downloadable PDF does not contain the CD Rom from the hard copy version
- Credit card orders only; this product cannot be purchased on 30 Day Preview or School Invoice.
View the CAL+ Terms and Conditions for use of downloadable PDFs by Blake Education