While very suitable for the regular classroom, each of the Achieve! series of Maths titles has been written at a literacy level that makes the pages appropriate for secondary school students who, because of poor reading skills, may struggle to comprehend regular classroom materials.
This title is divided into five units, each of which focuses on a topic or set of skills to do with decimals and percentage. The activity sheets include worked examples and suggested methods, and provide lots of opportunities for students to practise and consolidate a particular skill before moving on to more complex tasks. Extensive teacher's notes and answers are provided to make preparation and marking quick and easy.
Achieve! Maths - Decimals & Fractions
- Our number system
- Understanding place value
- Adding and subtracting decimals
- Multiplying and dividing decimals
- Mixed calculations with money
- What is a fraction?
- Mixed numbers and improper fractions
- Changing fractions to decimals
- Adding and subtracting fractions
- Multiplying and dividing fractions
- Fractions of quantities
About this series:
Each book in the Achieve! series has been designed and written for secondary students who have low-level literacy skills and require modified classroom activities to fully participate in the curriculum. Students will experience success as they work alongside their classmates on the same subjects with material that is tailored for their literacy needs.
Mature-look page layout and illustrations
Topics that will interest teenagers
An emphasis on literacy skills
Clear learning objectives
Starter activities, background topic information and ideas for summarising a lesson
View ACARA disclaimer
Terms and Conditions:- Please choose carefully as this product cannot be refunded once PDF has been downloaded.
- This downloadable PDF does not contain the CD Rom from the hard copy version
- Credit card orders only; this product cannot be purchased on 30 Day Preview or School Invoice.
View the CAL+ Terms and Conditions for use of downloadable PDFs by Blake Education